Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Mike W: #93 Gummo (Harmony Korine)

These next 2 picks were both my introductions to directors i came to love who's movies individually would not place in my top 100 but who's work as a whole i believe belongs amongst this list.

What can be said about Harmony Korine that hasn't already been said. You either love or hate his movies, there is no in between. I happened to be on the love side. This was my first Harmony and will always be my favorite. 

I guess technically KIDS was my first Korine film, but i didn't know it at the time and he only wrote it, so it doesn't count. 

4 comments:

  1. Julien Donkey-Boy will make an appearance much higher on my list. I seriously considered including Mister Lonely, but it didn't quite make the 100.

    I'm looking forward to re-watching Gummo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring Breakers is the only Korine movie I've seen, and I kinda want to keep it that way - that's both a compliment and a criticism for SB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, dont judge Korine on SpringBreakers. It's his weakest work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe that bodes well for him. There's something about Spring Breakers that I kinda like.

      Delete