Monday, April 24, 2017

Jeff's #87: Hail the Conquering Hero

#87: Hail the Conquering Hero (Preston Sturges, 1944)


Sorry for disappearing on here for the past few weeks.  Unfortunately, I've been going through some rough personal stuff and have spent the last couple weeks reeling and recovering, but happy to say that I'm in much better spot now.  I'm a little too far behind to do lengthy write-ups for each catch-up pick, so I'll just post my belated picks with a sentence or two for now.  Once I'm caught back up, I'll do my best to resume normal writing.  Glad to be back.

Didn't get a chance to rewatch this, but I've long considered it my favorite Sturges film.  Not sure if it's his best, but it wins out in my book for the incredibly sweet nature and compassion it boasts underneath all of the zaniness.  Plus, Ella Raines.


No comments:

Post a Comment