Saturday, April 1, 2017

Alex's #96: The Poseidon Adventure (1972)


For my next movie, I decided to go with The Poseidon Adventure. It was directed by Ronald Neame and starred Gene Hackman, Ernest Borgnine, and many others. The first time I saw this movie was on tv when I was pretty young.

I always thought this was movie pretty neat. The boat being flipped over by a massive wave and the survivors dodging explosions and fire, escaping flooding in certain areas they're in. I remember loving Gene Hackman's character in the movie, he was a stud. He had me convinced that if something like this ever happened to me, I'd follow him.

 This is an awesome disaster movie, especially back in 1972. The set pieces are believable and the characters are lovable, tolerable, debatable. It also gives you that sense of reality, that something like this can happen and its terrifying.

On a side note,this movies estimated budget was $5,000,000 and it pulled in $93,300,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment