Monday, May 1, 2017

JRO's #82: Rawhide (Henry Hathaway, 1951)



I really wanted to re-watch all of these. I haven't. I've fallen behind. In the past two weeks, I've watched a couple of episodes of Better Call Saul and one episode of Fargo. And one late night insomnia binge re-watching a couple of seasons of Breaking Bad. So, yeah, TV Club, Top 100 TV shows/episodes???

Rawhide has everything that I want in a Western. My old blog's review doesn't give much detail, but you can at least get the clear sense that I enjoy the movie as much as a movie can be enjoyed.

4 comments:

  1. I also had the thought of doing a Top 50 Favorite TV Shows List. Always willing to talk TV, so I'd be down.

    We seem to be watching the same stuff right now. I'm caught up on Fargo and am trying to get caught up on Better Call Saul - I'm on episode three of season two. Also been watching Justified (season 1), The Americans (caught up), Silicon Valley (caught up), and The Handmaid's Tale (nearly caught up). Started The Leftovers and hopefully the third season is worth seasons 1 & 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justified Season 1 is pretty good. I marathoned a lot of it in a single day a few years ago during one of the last times that I was flu sick. There are definitely diminishing returns in the follow-up seasons. It's a soap opera. A decent one, but still a soap.

      I could never get into The Americans. I tried the first episode a few different times.

      I haven't tried Silicon Valley.

      Ugh to The Handmaid's Tale. Margaret Atwood is a creep.

      I only watched Season 1 of The Leftovers. It's a great premise with so-so execution, but I could already tell by the end of Season 1 that it wasn't going anywhere. Let me know if I was wrong.

      Delete